Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mid-College Crisis

It's been quite a long time since my last blog post, mainly because this semester was absolutely crazy and I can't really think of anything to talk about. Honestly it's been really hard to put my thoughts into words lately - a problem I can't say I'm too familiar with. Finishing up my second year of college really got me thinking. College isn't exactly what I thought it would be. Partially that's a good thing. I've done a fairly decent job at avoiding anything that's going to get me into trouble. Actually, I don't think I could find trouble if I tried. This is precisely the problem.

I've gone 2 years through college and I don't really have much to say for it. Sure. I get good grades. I love what I'm studying. I have a decent paying student job. And my roommates and I get along way better than any 4 girls living in one house ever should. But do you ever get the feeling that maybe some things come too easy? That maybe, I'm way too comfortable with being an academic home body. I feel like my social life has stagnated, and the social butterfly in me is suffocating. For instance, today, I'm sitting at home, in my gym clothes, writing a blog that's doing nothing but complain. What worries me is that I don't really want to do anything other than this.

Perhaps this is coming from the fact that everyone is moving on around me. My best friend just moved to Wyoming permanently. Another best friend is now a father. And here I am, contemplating what it means to be a "grown up". Because what's supposed to look like this:
Actually looks like this:

And I suppose my new goal is to find something in between those. Wish me luck.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment